The exciting changes in downtown Reno continue this week with the opening of the West Street Market, a development that has transformed some classic 1930s brick buildings near the Wingfield Park and the Riverwalk, to bring in 13 business centered around outdoor space.
Already, West Street Market has featured an outdoor artisans market on Fridays, as well as a green market on Wednesday. Markets also include frequent live music.
According to a story in today’s Reno Gazette-Journal, the development is set to open on Saturday. Come to the grand opening featuring a variety of events from 7 a.m. -6 p.m. Saturday. Here is a list of tenants opening this week, and into the near future:
- Brickhouse Bakery — A bakery offering espresso drinks, pastries, sandwiches and desserts is already open.
- Great Basin Basket — a company offering local, organic, and whole foods to members in both retail and special-order formats. Already open.
- West Street Wine Bar — a bar offering regional and international wines for tasting and retail purchase. Opens Wednesday.
- Reno Envy — a locally produced clothing brand to open Wednesday
- Earthly Delights — quick foods and fresh salads. Opens Wednesday.
- Se7en Tea House and Bar — offers a wide selection of teas from Asia and around the world, a full bar and pastries and appetizers. Opens by Saturday.
- Nevada EcoNet — a nonprofit that will serve as a primary source of environmental information for Northern Nevada. Opens Dec. 6
- Spirit of the Woods — kiosk offering hand painted metal and wood crafts. Opens Saturday.
Downtown Market Place — Early 2009
- Jada’s Jewels-Early 2009
- Nikos Greek Kitchen– to be open early 2009
- Nutty Boy-Early 2009
- Silver Trends-Early 2009
- From the Reno Gazette-Journal