The 12th annual Reno River Festival will be in downtown Reno, May 9 and 10, at Wingfield Park. This weekend festival brings together water sports and other outdoor fun to downtown Reno. This year, the drought has lead to the cancellation of the kayak races, but the event is making up for it with more fun and more options than ever before. Kick off the beginning of summer and enjoy all of downtown’s possibilities at this free festival!
1. Biggest Little 5k Birthday Run: Register today for the 5k run happening at 9 am on Saturday, May 9. Come to the race dressed in your birthday party finest to celebrate Reno’s birthday month, tutus and tiaras are highly encouraged! Race registration is available here.
2. Adventure Play Center: This center has all-day family fun which will include obstacles, slides, toys, mechanical bull, zip line, human hamster balls and more!
3. Yoga: Find some inner peace and enjoy some Yoga In The Park presented by The Studio on both Saturday and Sunday from 9 to 10 am.
4. Kayak Clinics: Family kayak clinics will be presented by California Canoe and Kayak from 9 to 10:30 am, 11 to 12:30 am, and 1 to 2:30 pm on both Saturday and Sunday of the festival.
5. Climbing Wall: Push your limits and see how high you can get at the climbing wall!
6. VIP Cabana Experience: Enjoy a relaxing time with up to 25 of your closest friends at the festival inside a cabana sponsored by Buffalo Wild Wings and Coors Light. Cabanas feature couches and a coffee table and is fully stocked with lunch from Buffalo Wild Wings and plenty to drink! Cabana access is available for purchase here.
7. Paddleboarding: Come see paddleboarders navigate the river’s tricky waters and show off their skills!
8. The Craft Beer Village: More than 20 craft beers are available for tasting inside the village with purchase of a passport, available here. Then head to Reno’s River District to enjoy even more varieties of delicious beer. Pass is good for both days of the festival.
9. Swimming Holes: A silver lining to the drought is that the water has dipped low enough to go swimming! Bring your swim suit and sunscreen and splash around in the river and slide down the rocks! The white water rescue team will be on guard to ensure everyone’s safety.
10. Live Music: The live music line up is stellar this year with big names such as, Clare Dunn, Mark Sexton, Jackson Michelson, Island of Black and White, the Wiz Kid, and Street Urchinz.
If these aren’t enough reasons to head down to the Reno River Festival, check out their website here for the full schedule of events.