Happy 149th Birthday, Nevada! Here are seven ways to celebrate Nevada’s big day, this weekend:
- Watch the Nevada Day Parade in Carson City on Saturday, Oct 26 – it’s the biggest event. The parade goes from 10am-1pm. This will be the 75th parade!
- Look up for the Balloon Launch before the big parade, at 8am, followed by a…
- … Military Aircraft Flyover from Fallon Naval Air Station and Nevada Air Guard.
- Attend the UNR vs UNLV football game for the Freemont Cannon on October 26, at Mackay Stadium in Reno. (Go Pack!)
- Dig in to the 19th Annual Chili Feed hosted by Lt. Governor Brian K. Krolicki at the Carson Nugget at 2:00pm on Parade Day, Oct 26.
- Get moving at the Nevada Day Classic Run/Walk in Carson City – 8k Run and 2 Mi Run/Walk – at 8am, Oct 26.
- Enjoy Free Museum Admissions: Sparks Museum for Nevada residents on October 25, and Nevada State Museum during the Parade in Carson City, October 26.
Click here to view the complete list of events and festivities!
We love Nevada, and we have a feeling we are not alone. The jubilant mood spreading amongst Nevadans as we near October 31 is not only because we get a holiday at work and school (conveniently near/on Halloween) to honor the place we live – although it’s certainly a perk – but we have some serious pride in our state. Below is a listing of events where you can join us in celebration of our favorite holiday, Nevada Day!
Sparks Historic Walking Tour
October 26, in Sparks
Celebrate Nevada Day and learn about the history of downtown Sparks. This one hour walking tour includes 18 buildings and spots that have played an important role in the history and development of Sparks and Nevada.
Your guide, Scott Carey, grew up in Sparks and since working on the Sparks Centennial Commission has been actively working on projects to preserve and enhance the history of this great community.
Tours are every hour on the hour. All Proceeds benefit the Sparks Museum.
Nevada Day Parade
October 27, in Carson City
Celebrate the Silver State’s 148th birthday with the largest formal statehood celebration in the nation! Enjoy the parade, arts show, carnival, pancake breakfast, run/walk, music, World Championship Single Jack Drilling Contest, Beard Contest and a slate of other activities.
Visit NevadaDay.com for a complete listing of Nevada Day events throughout the Silver State.
Each year the floats come out … along with the horses, the Shriners in their little cars, kids and high school bands from miles around during the Nevada Day Parade.
Nevada has the distinction of being the state with the largest formal celebration honoring its admittance into statehood. This year, it will commemorate 145 years of statehood during the annual Nevada Day Celebration, Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 in Carson City.
The highlight of the celebration is the Nevada Day Parade on Oct. 31 with the theme for our 2009 parade “A Salute to President Lincoln.”
Come see the Silver State shine on the streets of Carson City.