The more than 25,000 motorcycle enthusiasts will roar into Reno for Street Vibrations, the 4th largest motorcycle event in the nation, September 21 – 25. Vendors, entertainment and stunt shows are back on the streets of downtown Reno, the Sparks venue has been expanded and Chester’s Reno Harley-Davidson and Virginia City will all be rocking with live entertainment and vendors selling all things motorcycle.
Registered Participants will Ride in Style with Preferred Treatment
Anyone can enjoy live entertainment at all Street Vibrations venues, food vendors, motorcycle clothing vendors, aftermarket bike items, and an impressive lineup of concerts, but some thrills are exclusively for registered participants only.
Registered Street Vibrations VIP’s go on poker runs and walks and take exclusive tours to various scenic locations. They can participate in ride-in-shows, bike competitions and bike games, getting your bike fix for the weekend. And, you’ll be treated like a celebrity as VIPs can enjoy three VIP parties and preferred parking with a 5-day parking pass. The VIP’s also receive an official event participant T-shirt and an official event Ride Pin.
Street Vibrations Favorites – you won’t want to miss these!
- The tattoo expo is always well attended. If you’re after body art, this is the place to have some of the best work in the nation done by some of the finest tattoo artists.
- America’s Finest Custom Bike Builders Expo returns to the Silver Legacy’s Silver Baron Room – and it’s free!
- Sparks Victorian Square will host the factory big rigs. There will be more rigs than ever, more vendors, more food and beverage and more stages for entertainment.
- The Battle Born Derby Demons will again star in an all-girl roller derby match at the Rink on the River in downtown Reno.
- Fireworks will light the sky from the roof of the Silver Legacy on both Friday and Saturday night in downtown Reno.
The Motorcycle Stunt Shows are featuring the nation’s biggest show-offs.
- High flying LivFast Freestyle Motocross Aerial Stunt Shows will perform at the Street Vibrations Sparks venue September 22 – 24 with three shows daily.
Team members use mathematical calculations to determine the length and the height of their jumps at each location (even professional bikers use physics after high school).
Typically the riders and their motorcycles fly 70 feet through the air, 40-50 feet off the ground, landing on what appears to be a postage stamp. If that’s not electrifying enough, during jumps, team members hang onto motorcycle handlebars, seats and frames, and frequently perform mid-air flips.
- Joining LivFast in Sparks will be JBX Freestyle Motorcycle Stunt Team based out of Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin. Known for their “sick tricks” this impressive sport bike stunt team will have jaws-dropping in the crowd. JBX will perform September 22 – 24 at the Sparks Victorian Square site.
- John Stotts Globe of Death from Las Vegas will perform at break-neck speed inside a steel ball September 22 – 25 in downtown Reno with several shows daily.
“It takes control, speed, balance and timing along with great peripheral vision to avoid mistakes,” Stotts says. “The fun part is stopping.”
NEW This Year
- Hog Town Dance Hall Bar and Grill on the Eldorado Special Events Plaza right in the middle of all the action on Virginia Street near the Reno Arch.
- Bike Corral inside the Reno Ballroom for those who want to sell their motorcycle. This is free for registered motorcycle participants.
- Ceremonial Flag Raisings by the 2/360th Field Artillery Training Support Battalion out of Sharpe Army Depot in the San Joaquin Valley of Calif. are planned at 6 p.m. Friday in Sparks and at 6 p.m. Saturday in downtown Reno.
- A new competition takes center stage on Sat., Sept. 24. Let yourself be heard in Victorian Square in Sparks with the Kuryakyn “Bagger Sound Off” competition. Prizes will be awarded for the best sound system and Best in Show. Register at the Kuryakyn factor rig in Sparks.
- Street Vibrations will be hosting an arm wrestling competition at 1 p.m. Sat., Sept. 24 in the Reno Ballroom. Both men and women are welcome to compete – or to just watch. There will be a trophy for first place in each weight class.
Major Concert Entertainment
- Three bikes will be given away in Reno and Sparks. An Arlen Ness Custom Bike will go to the winner at John Ascuaga’s Nugget in Sparks on Saturday night. The winner of the Silver Legacy’s bike will be named on Sunday afternoon.
Street Vibrations will announce the winner of the Harley-Davidson FXDC Dyna Super Custom on the Jagermeister Super State Sunday at 5 p.m. in Sparks. Tickets for a chance to win the Street Vibrations bike are $5 each. A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales goes to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Institute.
For a detailed schedule on Street Vibrations activities, visit www.roadshowsreno.com. For questions call Roadshows, producer of Street Vibrations at 775-329-7469.