FREE admission, FREE face painting, and FREE Italian Ice for all children 17 and under on Wednesday, Spet. 26.
Celebrate National Children’s Day with The Discovery! The museum has invited a number of child-centric community agencies and organizations to providing hands-on activities such as:
- KNPB will provide a visit from Bob the Builder.
- The Nevada Museum of Art is hosting a “Monster Box” making workshop.
- The Fleischmann Planetarium will offer activities related to comets and the solar system.
- The National Automobile Museum will display the museum’s antique fire truck.
- High Desert Fencing Alliance will offer fencing demonstrations and classes.
- Live music by members of the Reno Philharmonic Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Admission for adults is $8.00 per person from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm. After 4:00 pm, adult admission is just $4.00. The museum is open from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Participating organizations include: The Children’s Cabinet, Girl Scouts of the Sierra Nevada, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows,Nevada Museum of Art, Fleischmann Planetarium & Science Center, KNPB, Reno Philharmonic, Sierra Nevada Journeys, Washoe County Library System and HighDesert Fencing Alliance.
For more information about Children’s Day and other activities at The Discovery, visit the calendar of events on the museum’s website at www.nvdm.org.