There’s a new way to get to Reno Tahoe USA with Allegiant Air. Beginning June 6, 2013, Allegiant Air offers new, nonstop jet service between Washington’s Bellingham International Airport (BLI) and the Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO). The company, known for its exceptional travel deals, introduces the new service with fares as low as $69.99* one way. The new flights will operate twice weekly. Flight days and times can be found at allegiant.com.
The special introductory rate is available for immediate booking. Seats are limited. Fares are one way and not available on all flights. Must be purchased by April 23, 2013 for travel by October 27, 2013. For baggage fees, please visit allegiant.com. Additional restrictions may apply.
The inflating cost of flying can be a drag for skiers and boarders who often prefer bringing their own boards/skis/poles/boots to renting and having to deal with adjusting to new equipment. Luckily for skiers and boarders coming to Reno-Tahoe, chances are they will be flying an airline that doesn’t charge. Southwest Airlines, for example, is Reno-Tahoe International Airport’s biggest carrier.
Here is a breakdown of the baggage costs for carriers flying into Reno-Tahoe:
- Alaska Airlines: First bag free, with no penalty for ski bags
- Allegiant Air: First bag free, with no penalty for ski bags
- American Airlines: First bag $15, with no additional penalty for ski bags
- Delta Airlines: First bag free, with no penalty for ski bags
- Horizon Air: First bag free, with no penalty for ski bags
- Southwest Airlines: First bag free, with no penalty for ski bags
- United Airlines: First bag $15, with no additional penalty for ski bags
- U.S. Airways: First bag $15, subject to penalties for bags over 45 inches/114 cm and maximum weight of 50 pounds/23 kg.
It is worth noting that even if you can get your ski bag on the airplane for a reasonable price, airlines impose extra charges for bags that weigh over 50 pounds – with some charging in excess of $100.
Check with your individual airline, and know the rules before you get the bill.