As the date of the 14th annual Reno-Tahoe Open approaches, July 30 – August 5, read all about the event, who’s playing, discounts, and how to get involved in the favorite stop of the PGA TOUR by its members!
To start, how about a coupon:
Receive a $5 discount on general admission tickets, valid for any day of the tournament. The regular price of the general admission tickets is $20, but you will receive them for just $15.
Now that’s settled, here is a list of who you will see out on the green. These are the committed players as of today.
MAJOR TOUR PLAYERS:
RICH BEEM – PGA Championship winner and 16-year PGA TOUR veteran has had two top-25 finishes on the PGA TOUR so far in 2012. Returns to the Reno Tahoe Open for the 10th time.
SHAUN MICHEEL – Returns to the Reno Tahoe Open for the 8th time. He was the 2003 PGA Championship winner and one of only two golfers to have ever recorded a double eagle on a par 5 at a US Open.
TODD HAMILTON – This Texas resident was the winner of the 2004 British Open and 2004 Honda Classic and was named “Rookie of the Year” in 2004.
JOHN DALY – Has won 5 times on the PGA TOUR and a fan favorite. Known for his astoundingly long drives and outrageous golf attire, this will be his 6th appearance at the Reno Tahoe Open.
DAVID DUVAL – A 13-time winner on the PGA TOUR, including the British Open. He was a former World No. 1 player on the Official World Golf Ranking (OWGR).
LEE JANZEN – Two-time US Open winner and The Players Championship winner has played on 2 Ryder Cups teams and the President’s Cup team.
MIKE WEIR – This Canadian has had an impressive 8 wins on the PGA TOUR, including a Masters victory, and has played in 5 President’s Cup teams.
Give a little, get a little… Reno-Tahoe Open needs some VOLUNTEERS.
Gain a true “inside the ropes” experience behind a PGA TOUR event! The RTO cannot operate without an amazing force of volunteers and they could use help for a variety of positions throughout the event (July 30-August 5). If you can’t volunteer, you can always forwarding this opportunity to friends, family or organizations that you are affiliated with… just sayin’.
Reasons to Volunteer
- Help your community (the RTO Foundation has donated $2.2 million to nonprofits and schools to-date)!
- Take pride in the success of this special event that receives 18 hours of GOLF channel coverage for our destination!
- Volunteers will be able to play a round of golf for FREE at Dayton Valley Golf Club on Mondays during the month of August. Just show your Volunteer identification badge!
- Experience a PGA TOUR event behind the ropes!
- It’s fun!
What is Expected
- You do not have to commit to working every day of the event and depending on the committee that you serve, the average workday is just 4 to 6 hours long. There are some assignments that may require longer days.
- Typically, volunteers work three or more shifts, but the RTO is very flexible in working with your schedule and are delighted to have your assistance in any capacity you are able to provide.
- Volunteers pay $55 to cover the cost of their uniform and receive a shirt, hat, a meal with each shift worked and two season passes to the Reno-Tahoe Open! The package is valued at over $200.
- Must be at least 16 years of age by July 30, 2012.
How to Sign Up
For more information or to sign up, call 775.322.3900 or visit http://www.renotahoeopen.com/index.php/volunteer/
About the Reno-Tahoe Open
In its 14th year, the Reno-Tahoe Open is one of just 47 PGA TOUR events worldwide, and now the only event on the PGA TOUR calendar with a Modified Stableford scoring format. For 2012, David Duval, John Daly, Lee Janzen, Mike Weir, Rich Beem, Shaun Micheel and British Open winner Todd Hamilton have already committed to play in this year’s event and more major tour players are expected!